Tuesday, May 29, 2012

The flyball social network and major media sources are about to undergo a major change next month.

i-Flyball The Flyball Blog is going away in 2 more days.  Another informative blog called Flyball Prop-a-ganda was just revived a few days ago and appears to be changing flyball venues after a year's hiatus.  Flyball Today appears to be getting more involved and influential based on the number and variety of topics being posted.  

Why the changes?  

I think it boils down to having fun with flyball.  And, at the same time balancing the tough social and political issues.  Sometimes this is not an easy thing to do.  Fun ebbs and flows, rises and falls, comes and goes.  I think when the fun goes (away) for too long, that's when trouble starts.  The balancing act takes extra work in order to get the fun back.  

So, what's fun in flyball?

Keep in mind not everyone thinks the same things are fun and remember the adage 'to each his own'.  Here's a starting list.

Training my dog(s) and trying new ideas.  Camping at the tourney site.  Eating.  Racing.  Helping my team win sometimes.  Helping my dog(s) earn points sometimes.  Watching the other dogs race.  Helping my teammates and other teams.  Hosting.  Visiting with other flyballers.  Getting dog toys.    

Some other fun stuff might include keeping up with political goings-on and the latest flyball news, the championships, reading about others' flyball adventures and their puppies.

Something I read today inspired me to write this particular post.  I'm not quite sure of the tie-in to flyball yet, but I know it'll come to me. I hope it comes to you, too, and that it will make you smile and keep the fun alive for you!

Take your time today, and linger wherever and whenever you want to linger. There is no race to win -- there is only a journey to enjoy.         
















----------------------
Flyball Surgeons General Warning: Attack dogs and owners who do not pick up after their dogs beware of the underground electric fence. No visible training flags.


Flyball Can Be Fun! blog powered by K.I.S.S. (keep it simple sweetie)

No comments: