Tuesday, May 1, 2012

Getting to the heart of flyball is easy if you know where it is.  It resides inside each individual and in each of their canine companions. 


The first time you see a live flyball tournament you will probably conclude everyone there has completely gone crazy.  But, take a step back and observe.  Listen.  What is it that is so contagiously appealing?  When asked, everyone has the same answer but expressed in a different light.


Some refer to flyball as the 'keger' of dog sports.  I agree, that's one way!  On a deeper level, I see a myriad of uniquely different people and dogs each bringing to the sport wonderful gifts, talents, abilities and contributions.  Each is a bright light and each is great in their own way.  The best part is they all fit together despite their differences.  I am always amazed and in awe when I look around at a tournament and I witness what is being accomplished in the hearts of participants.  It is part of what keeps me coming back for more!


In my mind I started to create this post with a reference to the heart of flyball being like a big cracked pot with beams of light streaming through it.  Or, like a kaleidoscope full of color and shape.   I like the analogies, I just can't get the words right.


Looking forward to seeing you and your dog's light shine at the next tournament!



Sincerely,
I Like Flyball


----------------------
Flyball Surgeons General Warning: Attack dogs and owners who do not pick up after their dogs beware of the underground electric fence. No visible training flags.

Flyball Can Be Fun! blog powered by K.I.S.S. (keep it simple sweetie)




 
 

No comments: