Friday, May 11, 2012

The flyball economy has changed.  The economic reality in flyball and in our personal lives begs the question "do you know John Galt".  OK, that's just meant to be a teaser...are you in?       

Going to a flyball tournament can be expensive.  I'm not talking entry fees because overall I think they are pretty good value for the money.  I'm referring to lodging costs, gas and food.  Hotel costs have pretty much doubled in the past 10 years and we all know the cost of gas right now!

Over the years lots of flyballers have incorporated some type of RV or camper into their flyball budget.  It's a lot more convenient at both local and away tournaments and bringing your own food is cheaper than eating out.  But still, that RV or travel trailer has a cost attached to it; sometimes akin to a home mortgage.

I think if we want to continue to bring flyball into communities around the country, the different flyball organizations would do well to find ways to overcome the economic challenges everyone is experiencing.  Question is, who has the answer?

         


Thanks JNAK for the inspiration!

Truly,
I Like Flyball


----------------------
Flyball Surgeons General Warning: Attack dogs and owners who do not pick up after their dogs beware of the underground electric fence. No visible training flags.

Flyball Can Be Fun! blog powered by K.I.S.S. (keep it simple sweetie)

2 comments:

I Like Flyball said...

Since posting this, I discovered one way U-FLI is helping in the economic effort. Rebates. Pretty cool. Here's the link to their website article:

http://www.u-fli.com/index.php?id=62

I Like Flyball said...

For 2014, I just read another possible cost-savings measure for U-FLI participants. U-FLI has made changes to their Championship program and if I read it correctly, the qualifier tournaments are no longer a requirement for a team to enter the Championship in August, 2014. Cool! That means less travel-related expenses and a greater chance for us/me to go next year. Thanks, U-FLI.