Monday, October 1, 2012

U-FLI is simply more fun.  One could say it is overall a simpler and more pure flyball experience.  No strings; no fuss.  Some flyballers have even said...no stress.  It is simply flyball.  I know it is easier to become involved in.  Recent experience tells me it is easier to stay involved in, too.  Over the years and for many reasons I believe things just go smoother and are more fun in U-FLI than in NAFA.

I know I'm not alone in this belief either.

In previous years, my club played in both NAFA and U-FLI (this year being an exception).  I've had many good experiences in both.  However, a case in point just arose this racing year, 2012, where hands-down U-FLI was way easier, way more simple and way more fun to be involved with.

The scenario:  Our Club Owner, Team Captain and all our club's dogs moved from one Region into a different Region.

In U-FLI the change was as simple as going on-line and replacing the old address with the new one.  Done in a matter of seconds and we were off playing in well over half a dozen tourneys for the rest of the year.  Sweet!

In NAFA, the change has been in process since February.  I am hopeful it will become official today, but the Database still shows the old Region.  To me, a 7+ month process is not fun.  It is definitely not simple nor has it been easy for myself and I suspect not for the NAFA contact person either.

And, as a result, our club has been prevented from playing NAFA flyball and competing in our home Region.

Would it be fair of me to think it is 'their loss' and NAFA has missed out on all the great fun of having another club racing?  I doubt they will even think twice about it. 

Sincerely,
I Like Flyball!



     

2 comments:

K-Koira said...

I'm not sure why you can't compete in NAFA while the process is being completed? Unless you are going for regional points of some kind, you should be able to send your team to any tournament in any region. I know we recently had a team from California come up to our region and race in regular.

I Like Flyball said...

Correct, even though we moved, if our club competed in our new home region it would not count for regional points; we would be treated as if we still lived in our old region.