Wednesday, October 17, 2012

700 Views, The Top 4, My Favorite Flyball Posts

In comparison to the flyball list and other popular flyball blogs that have been around for years, I'm pretty new to the blog world.  I haven't publicized other than to my friends on Facebook.  Today I was pretty surprised to see there have been over 700 views so far.  I do not have that many Facebook friends so I have no idea where all these views have come from.

I began roughly 6 months ago and I'm surprised I'm still blogging about flyball.  I thought I'd be done with it by now.  For me, it's been fun but the blog is lacking a little 'something'...I had hoped/still hope to see some comments from readers every now and then.  I've been told it is a difficult process to post a comment here.  I admit I haven't tried it myself.  I also don't know what to do to fix the problem.  If anyone reading this knows how to fix it, consider yourself wonderful and hired for the job!  

Anyway, in honor of 6 months' blogging, here are the top 4 posts read by flyballers May - October, 2012: 

1) Going Around the Rules for Points & Regional Champ, 9/21/12

2) Chapter Four -  Championships, 7/23/12

3) The Growth (or decline) of Flyball, 9/13/12

4) Chapter Three - Competition, Recognition and Speed, 7/16/12

Based on being 'fun to write' and not based on actual content (that's a different list), my top 4 fun-to-write-posts are:

1) Cowboys and Flyball, 8/20/12 

2) Getting to the Heart of Flyball, 5/1/12

3) The Flyball Social Network & Media, 5/29/12

4) Shenanigans is my new favorite word, 9/27/12  

If you're reading this post, do you have a favorite?

With Appreciation,
I Like Flyball! 
----------------------
Flyball Can Be Fun! blog powered by K.I.S.S. (keep it simple sweetie)  



 

      

2 comments:

K-Koira said...

Well, I just found your blog today, via a search that led someone else to my blog. I'll be reading over your archives a bit and probably commenting on some of them.

Things I notice right away are that it is difficult to comment. The spam filters are pretty effective on blogger. Requiring both the captcha and a comment approval is a little over kill. I would recommend changing your comment settings to require neither of those things. If you have a problem with spam, keep the comment moderation but please, get rid of the Captcha. It is incredibly hard to read for many people, especially those with vision or reading disorders. It generally takes me 2-3 tries to pass the captcha, which strongly discourages me from commenting on the blog.

To change the comment requirements, go to your blogger dashboard. Use the drop down menu to go to settings, then select Posts and Comments from the left hand side of the screen. You can then change all of the requirements such as who can comment, comment moderation, and word verification.

I Like Flyball said...

Thanks, I'll try that.