Wednesday, July 31, 2013

This blog began in early 2012.  Today is July 31, 2013, and I wonder if anything has been accomplished over the past 15 months...either on a personal level or for the benefit of flyball.
 
Based on the number of posts I've made, 2012 was fruitful on a personal level.

But, something happened in 2013 and a couple of changes are bigger than I expected. 

One change is there's not a lot of open discussion going on about flyball and some people/clubs/teams I haven't seen at tourneys in a while.  Some of my flyball friends used to play both NAFA and U-FLI and now some of them only play U-FLI.  Me included.  

Since I played NAFA before U-FLI, I still try to follow some of the happenings in the organization...I guess because I still have hope for critical changes necessary in leadership, the political environment and the ED/BoD representation for the betterment of flyball.  I'm not holding my breath, though.

The other change for me is writing this blog.  There's a big difference from last year.  This surprised even me!  

Posts

2012, 34 posts
2013, 3 posts (including this one)

Views

The first 6 months - over 700
The last 10 months - over 2,100 (a 300% increase)

Top viewed posts in 2012

1) Going Around the Rules for Points & Regional Champ, 9/21/12

2) Chapter Four - Championships, 7/23/12

3) The Growth (or decline) of Flyball, 9/13/12

4) Chapter Three - Competition, Recognition and Speed, 7/16/12


Top viewed posts in 2013

1) Does the recent past come back into play or matter to you in flyball, 6/26/13

2) There is a new twist to 'ghost club' and co-hosting, 11/6/12

3) The growth (or decline) of Flyball, 9/13/12

4) I've Got Your (Run) Back - A New Type of Judge, 10/14/12


I haven't done an analysis of what this means...yet.  Maybe all is well that ends well.

I Like Flyball!

----------------------

Flyball Surgeons General Warning: Attack dogs and owners who do not pick up after their dogs beware of the underground electric fence. No visible training flags. 

Flyball Can Be Fun! blog powered by K.I.S.S. (keep it simple sweetie)
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 

No comments: