Wednesday, June 26, 2013

Does the recent past come back into play or matter to you in flyball?

You decide.

I just posted the following on my facebook page, but I believe it merits being on this blog, too.
 
"To any/all of my flyball friends going to the U-FLI Championships, it is with heartfelt concern I wish to advise you of the following request posted to the U-FLI list with reference to someone looking for open spots to run. I do not like rumors or gossip and this is neither. It is factual. It is also an honest concern for the sport of flyball that I am sharing this with MY FRIENDS ONLY since you know me and you know my heart is in the right place and I truly wish no harm to anyone or any of our canine companion sport-athletes or fellow flyballers. I realize some aspects of what I am about to share are 'old news' dating back a year or two and I acknowledge people can change as well as we can choose to forgive past discretions. Yet, I must at minimum share the following so that you can make your own 'informed decision'. If you have any questions, please ask. And, please be assured I truly want what is best for flyball, for our dogs, for you and for U-FLI. v/r,..."
 
My facebook comments - 
 
1)
 
 
2)
To: "UFLI Flyball List" <flyballlist@googlegroups.com>
Sent: Wednesday, June 26, 2013 1:51:31 PM
Subject: [U-FLI Flyball List] Fw: Dream Team wannabes

Hi all! My friend Carla is having trouble getting set up on the UFLI list so I told her I would sen
t this on her behalf.

Thanks,
Stephanie

----- Forwarded Message -----
From: Real Working Terriers <realworkingterriers@gmail.com>
To: K9sr4flyball@yahoo.com
Sent: Wednesday, June 26, 2013 9:37 AM
Subject: Dream Team wannabes

Since we are already going to be at Nationals for the Tournament of Champions, I figured I would offer my dogs to any Dream Teams that are looking. I would really like to find a Staffy Bull or bull breed team to run with
My dogs are...
Ruckus (BC) - 10" jumps, runs in the low 5's, turns to his right, and can run in any position.
Stealth (SBT) - 7" jumps, runs in the low 5's, turns to his right, and can run in any position.
Gidget (Min Pin) - 6" jumps, runs in the low 5's, turns to her right, and can run in any position. She may already have a spot, but it hasn't be finalized.
Sniper (JRT) - 7" jumps, runs in the low 5's (has hit 4.8-4.9 several times), turns to his right, can run in any position but does best in cleanup.
Boom (SBT) - 7" jumps, plows through everything in the high 5's, turns to his right, and can run in any position.

Please contact me offlist at realworkingterriers@gmail.com

Carla
& the Working Terriers crew
 

2 comments:

I Like Flyball said...

In 2014, there was yet another incident involving this same person. NAFA January board meeting minutes included a suspension from 1/17/14 - 10/16/14. I wonder just how many chances NAFA is going to give this person who it is obvious cannot behave either humanely toward their dogs and/or toward people. I have no idea what the suspension this time is for but it seems to me the ED should consider banning the person altogether from flyball. Two strikes and you're out?

http://www.flyball.org/minutes/20140117-BOD-mtg-Abridged.pdf

I Like Flyball said...

I missed the wording in the minutes and my above comment is inaccurate. The chart of suspensions published in the minutes says the person is now 'on probation' rather than a suspension. Hmmmm. Still interesting because even before this official change in the person's status, I recall seeing some of the person's dogs still playing NAFA flyball...so, really what was the suspension anyway...it was nothing and wasn't truly enforced. Nothing new here.